Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nathan Bedford Forrest Bust

This is a series of photos that I took while attending the Battle of Selma in 2011. These photos are of the bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest.



The bust has been a topic of controversy since it was made. Soon after it was dedicated in October 2000, the monument was vandalized and was moved to the Confederate monument area inside the cemetery.







Recently in March of 2012 the bust was stolen by some crook. I truly hope that they find the person responsible for this theft. I don't know how much confidence I have in the authorities there though because of what was actually stolen. Time will tell.





All of these images are copyright protected. If you wish to use one of these photos please contact me at JWheeler331@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment